Friday, 15 January 2010

Positivity, a grocery shop, an invalid, and a future purchase...?

Thankyou to the lovely ladies who replied to my post yesterday. Things are falling into perspective a little more and it feels less, what's the word, impossible, today as a result. So thankyou JAG and  Rachel, you're both fab :)

It's also been pulled into context by being thankful that I'm in full working order, unlike our friend who slipped on icy cobbles yesterday morning and now has two broken elbows. Yowsers. As he lives on his own he'll either have to move back in with his parents for the next few weeks or (if they decide the left is okay to be left unset when he goes to fracture clinic on Monday) we'll be round there quite alot as he's just round the corner from us, made dinner for him last night and doing the same tonight. Mr Katkins is making a point of going round for at least an hour each night too so he has some company as he can't really go out yet.

Yesterday went pretty well, I didn't have tooo many aches and pains from the gym, my appetite wasn't too bad (is it finally calming down? I hope so, my food bill was going through the roof!) and work didn't pee me off too much for once. We went grocery shopping after work and managed to spend 50 quid that we don't really have, oops, but well over half of that was on fruit and veg, , so I'm feeling very pleased with myself and looking forward to lots of yummy fresh food over the next week.
 Was so incredibly late after we dropped supplies for our friend (we went shopping for him too), made him dinner, etc, that it was a 10 minute quickie bag for dinner... And there was only one block of noodles left (guess who forgot to buy more) so MR Katkins got them by default, honestly, the amount of food he gets to pinch off me 'because he's diabetic and is having a hypo/needs to take his insulin' he should be paying way more into our food account than I do! :P

B: the usual porridge/protein/milk/honey combo
S: chilli almonds. Yum!
L: chickpea chilli
S: greek yoghurt with half scoop strawb. protein
D: stirfried tofu, aubergine, sugarsnap peas, in chilli and soy sauce (kind of chow mein I guess but without the noodles!)

Daily Cal Quota:
1890
+ Exercise Cals:
0
Total Cal Quota:
1890
Calories Consumed:
1505
Calories Left:
385

Protein (g)
112.3 (30.7%)
Carbohydrate (g)
162.9 (41.7%)
Fat (g)
44.8 (27.6%)
Fibre (g)
26.1
Fruit & Veg
5.0

Could have done with a bit more fruit and veg but not too bad really. Made a nice change not to want to eat over maintenance cals for the first time this week!

May not get to update much this weekend. Have 'the boys' down (one of which has just been dumped by live-in girlfriend, poor guy) but will be sticking to my dry month and not drinking just because people are staying with us (3 men plus hubs, there's bound to be booze!) and will be cooking as much as possible as a) skint and b) don't want to eat junk... Will be making lasagne for tea for them/the invalid/hubby but since I don't eat cheese anyway I always make a small one for me which is basically just (quorn) bolognaise with sheets of pasta!

Oh, and on a totally different note, I spotted a house yesterday 3 doors down from our best mates that has gone up for sale, CHEAP, as it needs work. Mr Katkins is going to look at it tomorrow while I'm in work. Could this be the start of operation 'our first home'?? :D

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, a potential new home, how exciting! So glad you are feeling more positive about things today hun

    xx

    ReplyDelete