So, Friday I didn't make it to the gym... By the time I'd made lasagne for the friend with the broken arms and delivered it to him our friends had arrived from the lakes to stay for the weekend, oops! But food was sensible all day and we went for a couple of 10 minute walks delivering things and checking out 'the house' so it went okay...
B: Chocolate protein podge (50g oats, 300ml skimmed, scoop soya protein) with blackberries and honey
S: 25g pecans
L: Tomato and Basil Soup
L Part 2: Seeded Bagel with 40g reduced fat houmous
S: 125g fat free greek yoghurt with half scoop strawb protein, 25g blueberries
D: Cheese free lasagne (aka veg and quorn bolognaise stacked with wholemeal lasagne sheets), 1/4 wholemeal garlic baguette, pile of salad.
| Daily Cal Quota: | 1890 |
| + Exercise Cals: | 0 |
| Total Cal Quota: | 1890 |
| Calories Consumed: | 1884 |
| Calories Left: | 6 |
| Protein (g) | 117.3 (25.6%) |
| Carbohydrate (g) | 210.5 (43%) |
| Fat (g) | 64.1 (31.4%) |
| Fibre (g) | 39.1 |
| Fruit & Veg | 10.5 |
Not too worried about higher fat percentage, pecans are a killer in that respect!
SATURDAY:
Saturday, I worked 10-2. Booooo. Not fun when friends are here and you can't hang out with them! During that time they went to view the potential house.... Unfortunately, it's a no go. Yes there's a lot of work needs doing on it but nothing we couldn't handle between us and our various friends and family, but there was nowhere Mr K could use as an office and as he works half from home, thats a dealbreaker. Oh well, will find something else soon I'm sure!
After lunch I ran home, 3 miles, and was enjoying myself that much at not being stuck on a dreadmill that I voluntarily did an extra half mile, whoop whoop! Averaged out at 11 min mile pace, which isn't fast I know, but it's pretty good for me, and I'm feeling confident that I can work on my speed well this year if I really stick to it, so it's all good. Had shower, went to Ikea (I know, exciting saturday nights out we have eh?) as we have a habit of invading the sofa department for a couple of hours and dreaming up furnishing schemes for our imaginary houses, had dinner while we were there which wasn't great. Had been relying on them having their lovely houmous sandwiches but they didn't, so ended up with pasta and sauce. Okay it was organic, but it was white and came with a quarter ciabatta which I also shoudln't have eaten. And then I ate a slice of daim cake, purely 'cos I had the cals from the run earlier. Oops.
Rounded the night off with huge mugs of tea and a game of monopoly, man we live life on the edge! :P
B: Usual podge/protein/blueberries/etc
S: 35g cashews
L: Seeded bagel with 40g reduced fat houmous
S: Protein shake (with skimmed milk)
D: Organic pasta with ratatouille, 1/4 garlic ciabatta, daim cake (oops)
| Daily Cal Quota: | 1890 |
| + Exercise Cals: | 150 |
| Total Cal Quota: | 2040 |
| Calories Consumed: | 1861 |
| Calories Left: | 179 |
| Calories (kcal) | 1861 | ||
| Protein (g) | 128.5(25.5%) | ||
| Carbohydrate (g) | 194.9(45.4%) | ||
| Fat (g) | 63.7(29.1%) | ||
| Fibre (g) | 24.8 | ||
| Fruit & Veg | 2.5 (wrong!) |
Had to guess on the cals for dinner in ikea, but think I've overallowed on portion sizes and couldn't record true f&v count either as a result, but it's near enough.
SUNDAY:
Fed the boys (and myself) with fried eggs on bagels, and then ventured out to Cheshire Oaks. We're very forutnate (cursed?) that where we live is so close to a discount outlet, as it means we get alot of bargains. However, I spent most of the day sulking as I have no money left and desparately wanted to get Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd, some 5kg dumbells for home, some new headphones with sport grip thingys (behind the ear, ya know) and the 101 running songs cd... And bought nothing!
The boys then decided we were all off to Nandos for lunch. Luckily I'd predicted this one and checked out the menu for calories, fat, and protein before we left so I opted for the veggie pitta (no mayo) and macho peas... Dam those macho peas are good! Did a bit more shopping then dropped the boys off at the train station to go home, miss them already :(
By the time we got home to get our gym gear on, we fell asleep! Seriously, no idea what happened there, woke up on the sofa with a dead arm... So ended up skipping it for a 2 mile walk to talk about house options (no conclusion as yet other than we're not progressing on that one) and didn't have the energy to cook, or eat, so opted for the porn of the porridge world instead, big bowl of choc porrdge with honey AND blueberries AND pecans, so gooood....
B: 2 dry fried eggs, seeded bagel, 10g brown sauce, protein shake (skimmed milk)
L: Nandos veggie pitta (no mayo), macho peas
D: 50g oats, scoop protein powder, 300ml skimmed milk, 15g honey, 25g pecans, 90g blueberries
| Daily Cal Quota: | 1890 |
| + Exercise Cals: | 150 |
| Total Cal Quota: | 2040 |
| Calories Consumed: | 1861 |
| Calories Left: | 179 |
| Protein (g) | 128.5 (28.3%) |
| Carbohydrate (g) | 194.9 (40.2%) |
| Fat (g) | 63.7 (31.5%) |
| Fibre (g) | 24.8 |
| Fruit & Veg | 2.5 |
Again the veg count is wrong, but hey ho. And again the fat is high but it's mainly from the pecans, so also hey ho.
----
I'm so glad the pavements are safe again. It means I can finally split my routine back up into weights days at the gym, and running days to get home. The doubling up of the last fortnight felt to me like it was affecting my performance for both sets of training, so I'm glad they can be separated again.
The plan from here on in is:
Monday: Upper body routine 1 (3 sets of 12 reps, supersets)
Tuesday: 3 mile recover run (home from work so no excuses!)
Wednesday: Upper body routine 2 (3 sets of 12 reps, supersets)
Thursday: Tempo/Interval run, approx 3-4 miles (again to get home from work so no excuses!)
Friday: Lower Body routine (also 3 sets of 12 reps, supersets)
Saturday: Toal rest day
Sunday: Long run (building up from 3.5 miles to whatever I can handle!)
The weights are mainly focusing on upper or lower, there is a little bit of crossover work in both just to keep variety I think. They'll be done in the gym with a ten minute warm up/ cool down on the crosstrainer or similar (rowing really isn't my thing or I'd do that) and will be done until I can consistently do 3 x 12 of each lift, then the weight will be upped.
The runs will be stuck to as closely as possible, I want to build up to consistent 10 minute mile pace for my long runs so speed work on thursdays will be important.
No comments:
Post a Comment