Ah well, it has highlighted two things to me:
1, That my triceps are PATHETIC. I need to do more work consistently on these but they hurt so much that I hate it! I actually had to drop the weight to 3kg and they were still shaking and on fire...
2, Men, particularly men who aren't meant to be in the gym(!) but have sneaked in before/after football practise outside, are really hacked off with me being in the weights area. Yesterday I thought I was going to get into my first proper argument to defend my territory, as it were, as this overweight middle-aged guy with TERRIBLE form piddled around with the bench press and some 5kg dumbell curls and stared at me non stop for 15 minutes with a look of disdain. Ugh. Thankfully, Mr Katkins had also clocked his behaviour and he eventually left me to it (funnily at the same point he noticed my dumbells were heavier than his, hurrah!) and skulked back outside for football. That is the one and only time in a year of using that gym that I've felt threatened. Not cool.
Anyway, routine was: (supersets)
Two Arm Row (3 x 12, 4kg bells)
Lying Dumbell Fly (3 x 12, 4kg bells)
Lying Lateral Raise (inclined bench) (12, 12, 10, 4kg bells)
Standing Calf Raise (two legs) (3 x 12, 6kg bells)
Lying Tricep Extension (1 x 10 4kg bells, 2 x 10 3kg bells, booooo)
Hammer Curl (3 x 12, 4kg bells)
Dumbell Squat (3 x 12, 6kg bells)
Stiff Legged Deadlift (3 x 12, 6kg bells)
Lying Leg Raise (3 x 12)
Crunch (2 x 12)
Plank (2 x 30 secs)
Points of interest: My triceps suck, big time. My squats should go up to 7kg (will decide tomorrow which is primarily lower body routine). Lateral Raise is hard work but kinda fun.
Food was a bit hit and miss yesterday, we're not into that 'last week of january and can't afford to eat' phase of the year. Thankful it's nearly pay day is all I can say!
B: usual protien podge but this time with strawberry powder and 25g goji berries, bit weird but nice enough
S: 25g mixed brazils, almonds, pecans
L: 600g carton New Covent Garden winter veg soup
S: 2 kiwis, protein brownie, plus 200g fat free yoghurt with scoop protein after gym
D: quorn cottage pies 100g oven chips, 150g baby carrots
See what I mean? Processed city. Living out the freezer!!!
| Daily Cal Quota: | 1888 |
| + Exercise Cals: | 195 |
| Total Cal Quota: | 2083 |
| Calories Consumed: | 1847 |
| Calories Left: | 235 |
| Protein (g) | 122.5 (27%) |
| Carbohydrate (g) | 226.0 (46.6%) |
| Fat (g) | 53.3 (26.4%) |
| Fibre (g) | 36.1 |
| Fruit & Veg | 8.1 |
Split works out okay, but it's still far from ideal... And another week at least til I get paid, aargh!
No comments:
Post a Comment