I've started off with fairly low weights and higher reps than usual as just getting back into it, the weight will go up and the reps come down in a couple of weeks...
Session 1 routine - Upper Body Main Focus, all 4kg dumbells this time as just getting back into it:
Dumbell One Arm Row (2 x 15) (first number is sets, second number is reps)
Press Ups (2 x 15)
Dumbell Shoulder Press (2 x 15)
Standing Calf Raise (two legs) (2 x 15)
Dumbell Curl (2 x 15)
Overhead Dumbell Extension (2 x 15)
Dumbell Squat (2 x 15)
Stiff Legged Deadlift (2 x 15)
Ab work to finish:
Lying Leg Crunch (20)
Crunches (20)
(I do this in supersets so rather than 1st set, rest, 2nd set, rest next lift 1st set, rest, etc...
I do Ex1 1st set, Ex2 1st set, Ex1 2nd set, Ex2 2nd set...
Keeps my heart rate up as I don't need to to take a total recovery between sets as I simply work a different muscle group)
Also had a half hour run, this was all at the gym we were thinking of changing to... Wasn't overly impressed with it to be honest, yes the decor is nicer, yes there's free classes (that I probably won't do), yes there's 'trainers' (whose programmes I wouldn't use), so there's no point. Actually preferred the equipment at our smaller cheaper gym, particularly the treadmill as it just didn't seem big enough!
So staying put at our cheaper quieter more basic gym, very happy, and took our housemate down to join up straight after the trial at the other one. Turns out they've JUST got a grant from the council for some more equipment too, score!
Food wise, yesterday was all a bit weird. For a start, I was RAVENOUS. I can only assume that last weeks increase in exercise and starting back into weights has revved my metabolism up a little bit and woken my stomach up as I just couldn't stop thinking about food! Kept it all pretty clean, and pleased I got my protein as high as I did, but it just seems a shame I have to really on protein powder to achieve that, it's not as clean as I'd like but needs must as a veggie... Ah well. Ended up over cals but what can you do, if you're hungry you need to eat something... and it wasn't bad choices.. Look at that protein summary, thats unheard of for me!
Breakfast: 40g oats, 250ml skimmed milk, scoop soy protein, 10g honey
Snack: 5 slices redwood sage and onion fake meat, 50g basil and garlic marinaded olives
Lunch: Vegetarian sushi
Snack: Slice of the high protein choc cherry cake
Dinner: 50g quinoa with courgetter mushroom and tomato stuffed into baked red pepper, quorn fajita strips
Snack: Another slice of cake!
| Daily Cal Quota: | 1388 |
| + Exercise Cals: | 424 |
| Total Cal Quota: | 1812 |
| Calories Consumed: | 2013 |
| Calories Left: | -201 |
| Cals to Maintain Weight: | 1888 |
| Protein (g) | 133.4 (27.3%) |
| Carbohydrate (g) | 233.5 (44.7%) |
| Fat (g) | 61.0 (28%) |
| Fibre (g) | 29.8 |
| Fruit & Veg | 10.1 |
PS: Next session (Weds) will be mainly lower body and a 25 minute HIIT run...
PPS: Strawberry soy protein in podge does NOT work as well as chocolate, won't be doing that again!
No comments:
Post a Comment