Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Since summer is here...

I thought I'd switch the old blog around a bit for something more joyful... Sunny, isn't it? :) Orange is one of those colours I've always been scared of wearing, but am starting to warm to the idea of... Still haven't shown you my new (partly orange) dress have I? Must get that sorted!

Thankyou for your support over my last post, it means alot to me to know people are willing to help rein me in if it all goes to pot. I'm amazed how much I've come to rely on my little web-based friend group, I don't know what I'd do without you to be honest! So thankyou, really.

Since that last post, I've managed to continue NOT counting cals, NOT overindulging, and NOT weighing myself. I'm not entirely sure how, as the compulsion for all three has been there at varying degrees, but I guess I've just been too busy to let it kick in completely.

The most NFF thing I've consumed this week (NFF for me being a 'nutrition free freebie' as I don't like the idea of good/bad foods, cheat foods, etc) was sharing a slice of carrot cake in Costa with the husband. That's it.  A couple of years ago I'd have had no issue with eating the whole slice and going back for seconds!


I also completed my longest run yet over the weekend, 8.33 miles. With no music. I know, madness! The ipod died a miserable death before I'd even got out of sight of my road, and really had to argue with myself to not turn round and go home, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. I took a 3 minute walk break every 30 minutes, which I think is a fair way to approach the half marathon in September if I need to, and completed that distance in 1:27:41, which is 10:32 minute mile pace, so that's not too bad either.

This week's challenges:

1- Fitting everything in!

I've started doing freelance work in the evenings for a friend, research and so on. Which is great, it's another string to my bow and more cash coming in (thinking I'll save it up for driving lessons?) but fitting in exercise, housework, grocery shopping, and down time, will now be a military operation! Was hoping to do two classes this week too, body pump and yoga, but husband forgot to book them when he was up there yesterday so they're probably full now.

2- Keeping food sensible.

Since that 8 miler, I've been ravenous, actual chew-my-arm-off hungry. Must be another metabolism boost kicking in? I'm hesitant about treating it as such as I'll no doubt eat like a horse and then discover I've put half a stone back on... But as the cupboards are a bit bare right now, I don't have much to choose from, and that undoubtedly means I'm going to eat junk today! Will go shopping tonight and vow now to make decent choices before putting anything in my trolley, but still, today needs to be dealt with first. Eeep!


3- Cancer Research 10k Race For Life is this weekend.

THIS WEEKEND! I've been so busy working on upping my mileage that I've completely forgotten to work on my speed too. That means this weekend I may well put in my worst performance yet, joy! Two of my sisters are also running it, one is mainly walking as she's had recurrent tonsilitis and glandular fever issues since she signed up to do it, and the other has trained hard, I'm fully expecting her to beat me. And my mum will be here watching. Cringe, I really wanted to do a decent time but I guess working on distance was more important, and we've still raised money for charity, right?

Will update later with this weeks noteworthy eats and those dress pics, if I ever get my stupid phone to download the pics, it's still messing me around!

2 comments:

  1. hey hey snapper apper....we have twin blogs now - did you see mine? good luck for this wknd! just enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I hadn't noticed! Thats too funny... We must have more similar taste than we realised :P x

    ReplyDelete