Well, that's another month over with. And it's a month I'm not so proud of, to be honest. there's been alot of food choices that weren't ideal (and when I say alot I could say daily!), there's been illness stopping me from training, there's been all that fuss and trouble over not being able to get near the free weights at the gym (which reminds me, hopefully having our induction at the new gym tonight!), and it was with much trepidation that I stepped on to the scales this morning... particularly as AF has come to visit as well (I'm think I might have to move my monthly weigh in/round up to a different date, to be honest, as this will be a monthly issue!), but here goes nothing!
Maintenance by Numbers for the 31 days of May:
Calories consumed: 63319 (avg. 2043 per day, 40 more than April!)
Exercise calories earnt: 4700 (avg. 152 per day, 66 less than April!)
Net calorie result: 58619 (avg. 1891 per day, 106 more than April!)
That means that the last 31 days, I've overindulged/under-exercised every day by 106 cals. Realistically, as I maintained on 1785 last month, this should mean I've gained a pound this month overall, which wouldn't be the end of the world as at least I'd know why it had happened... But what really happened? Yep, I've lost weight. 2.25lbs to be exact. And that's whilst I'm bloated with AF, so it could be another pound, maybe two, less than that in reality.
I'm wondering if I'm losing about a half pound per week, and the reason it looked like I'd maintained that first month is becasue I'd had a 2lb AF gain, and the same this time, so really I'm down 4lbs overall? It's certainly possible, and means I should really be considering upping my cal allowance to the next activity level...
However I'm going on holiday in July so I'm going to carry on at this level for now, and see if it proves my theory to be true or not. If it is, I should be around another 2lbs down on 1st July, if I stick to my cals properly (or at least exercise to eat any extra!)
My lowest calorie day in May was 1604 cals in a day, and my highest 3269(even higher than last month!!!) cals in a day.
My lowest exercise calories was (unsurprisingly) 0 cals in a day, and my highest 820 cals in a day.
So what does all that mean in terms of my body, any changes?
Let's compare to last months results, shall we... Although I didn't take pics last month due to AF and the bloaty feeling, I will take them this month, but won't be until later as I'm in work and didn't have time this morning...
Stats then:
Green = Loss (positive result)
Orange = STS (no change)
Red = Gain (negative result)
Weight: (06/01: 144.5lbs)
01/05: 140.75lbs, 01/06: 138.5lbs
(-2.25lbs this month, -6lbs this year)
BMI: (06/01: 22.0)
01/05: 21.4, 01/06: 21.3
(-0.1pts this month, -0.7pts this year)
Bust: (06/01: 35.5in)
01/05: 34in, 01/06: 34in
(STS this month, -1.5in this year)
Underbust: (06/01: 30in)
01/05: 29in, 01/06: 29in
(STS this month, -1in this year)
UpperWaist: (06/01: 28in)
01/05: 26.5in, 01/06: 26.5in
(STS this month, -1.5in this year)
LowerWaist:(06/01: 33in)
01/05: 31.5in, 01/06: 31.5in
(STS this month, -1.5in this year)
(upper = narrowest point, lower = belly button)
Hips: (06/01: 37.5in)
01/05: 36in, 01/06: 36in
(STS this month, -1.5in this year)
Thighs: (06/01: 22.5in)
01/05: 22in, 01/06: 22in
(STS this month, -0.5in this year)
Bicep: (06/01: 11in)
01/05: 11in, 01/06: 11in
(STS this month, STS this year)
Forearm: (06/01: 9.5in)
01/05: 9.5in, 01/06: 9.5in
(STS this month, STS this year)
Lean Body Mass: (06/01: 106.28lbs)
01/05: 104.06lbs, 01/06: 102.49lbs
(-1.57lbs this month, -3.78lbs this year)
Body Fat Mass: (06/01: 38.22lbs)
01/05: 36.69lbs, 01/06: 36.01lbs
(-0.68lbs this month, -2.22lbs this year)
Body Fat Percentage:(06/01: 26.45%)
01/05: 26.07%, 01/06: 26.00%
(-0.07% this month, -0.45% this year)
So, nothing particularly exciting to report then! Gutted that yet again I've lost lean body mass, but as I've not worked out as much it does make sense, muscle really is a 'use it or lose it' commodity so I'm not surprised to see my weight loss this month has been mainly mass not fat. Ah well, a month to get it going in the right direction again now...
Just a thought, and maybe I'm missing the point... But if your body fat % has decreased... Wouldn't your lean body mass % have increased? Assuming that lean body mass is everything else that isn't fat?
ReplyDelete