The afternoon I snarfed down a handful of raisins and apricots (unpictured) to tide me over after work through a couple of errands.
Errand one: join the new gym! Oh yes, we have finally left the council gym where I can't get near the free weights anymore due to the gangs of lads who've made it their second home.
And errand two: grocery shopping. More fruit and veg has been procured, and other general bits and pieces too. I do feel good grocery shopping these days, walking round the supermarket and glancing into other peoples trolleys reminds me just how we really do eat compared to the general british population.
Notable Eats: Dinner:
Stuffed portobello mushrooms with couscous and salad. This was really nice, though as a non cheese eater, this was my first try of Tofutti cream cheese, and I think it's going to take a while for my palate to adjust. I do like the idea of being able to eat 'cheese' products to vary my diet a little, but after so many years without cheese at all, it's a little strange.
The mushrooms had the stalks taken out, then a slice of quorn bacon snipped into each one, and sealed in with the tofutti and roasted in the oven for about 15 minutes. The couscous was wholemeal and just had garlic and paprika stirred through, the peppers were roasted, and the baby leaves and spinach were tossed in balsamic. Overall, it was a really nice meal and not too heavy.
I know, shocking. After last weeks attempts, I though I was done for. But tonight I went out without my gps, without my ipod, and just ran. even getting heckled at the beginning didn't put me off my stride too badly and I somehow ran 4.26 miles instead of the 3.1 I'd set out meaning to do!
Had loads of cals left too after all that so settled down to watch the second half of Goks fashion fix (I saw the first half before I went out) with a super thick protein smoothie of spirulina protein, skimmed milk, greek yoghurt, flax, and strawberries. So thick I needed a spoon! Yummers.
Daily roundup: 1852 cals consumed, 92g protein... 414 cals burnt, 4.26 mile run. A good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment