Friday:
Unfortunately, mainly spent in work. It's been a hard week, as I was in on my own which equals 1) the mind wandering through loneliness/boredom and 2) more work to do with no inclination to do it! But I persisted, and eventually got to run home...
No idea how but I managed to smash through 10 min mile pace (which has alwasy been my barrier, I'm usually a 10:30 pace girl) and did my first ever sub:30 min 5k! Still can't believe it, but I ran it in 29:28, so so so happy.
Watched a film with hubs tonight too, 'District 9'. Have you seen it? I have to admit, I thought it was absolute drivel. Really not my kind of film at all... But there you go, next time I pick!
B: Protein Podge (now always a half scoop podge, 40g oats, 225ml sk.milk, 10g honey, 5g flax) with 100g summer fruits and 50g greek yoghurt - 410 cals
S: Food Doctor bran and seed bagel with 40g houmous - 366 cals
L: NCG Minestrone soup (full carton) - 222 cals
S: Han's oat bar pre run, protein shake (250ml sk.milk) post run - 385 cals
D: Quorn and bean chilli (lots of veg) and 210g baking potato and 50g greek yoghurt (won't be doing that again, bleurgh!) - 458 cals
S: Butternut squash crisps (not worth the effort!) - 180 cals
Exercise: 5k run in 29:28, hurrah! - 301 cals
Cals: 2021/1762 cals (2021/2062 inc ex.cals)
Saturday:
Bit of a blowout! It was our housemates birthday so we took her out to dinner, and opted for indian as it's her favourite food. I was relatively well behaved though and we skipped starters in favour of poppadoms and dips (I had one) and I opted to miss the rice with my main and just have a chapati instead. I also asked for extra spinach in my curry for the iron benefit but they forgot it <_< so I had to send it back... they did it quickly enough though and gave us £5 gift vouchers for our next visit by way of an apology, quite happy with that!
Had been at work in the day too, which I hate doing when the weather improves, who wants to work a saturday, really? But needs must. Then was picked up by husband and went to help him choose some new glasses... We didn't succeed, though we have narrowed it down to a choice of 3, none of them looked quite right. He's going to have to get on with it and order some though, he's a bit blind in his current pair!
It's shown up how badly I need to go for an eye test too, I've been getting sore eyeballs for a while but have noticed how bad this week my left eye is compared to my right... It's always been my weaker one as I had a severe squint as a child that had to be operated on (months of wearing an eye patch too, what a good pirate child I was!) but it had improved through adolescence, though now I seem to be going backwards... Ah well, better get hunting for nice frames for myself then!
B: Protein Podge (now always a half scoop podge, 40g oats, 225ml sk.milk, 10g honey, 5g flax) with 100g summer fruits and 50g greek yoghurt and extra half scoop protein - 467 cals
S: Han's oat bar - 182 cals
L: NCG Leek and potato soup (whole carton) - 312 cals
S: Original 9bar - 277 cals
(plus 10g square 90% cocoa dark chocolate - 53 cals)
D: Indian! Housemates birthday so we took her out to eat.
1 poppadom with a bit of the saucy tray (mainly onions/yoghurt)
Vegetable dhansak with extra spinach and a chapati
- estimated 860 cals for the lot
Exercise: None, unless you count glasses shopping for hubs...
Cals: 2151/1762 cals (not concerned as knew would earn them back sunday)
Sunday:
Faaabulous! We've been married for 6 months today :D It's been named our 'halfiversary' by husband and was celebrated with a lovely long lie-in, the first I'd had this month, I beleieve! Eventually dragged myself out of bed for breakfast, a load of laundry, and then off for my scheduled run... Which was beyond awesome. Something is really working out for me at the minute as it literally flew by, and I could probably have carried on if I hadn't have told hubs that I'd only be an hour or so! I'm really enjoying feeling strong on my runs, feeling a lot more confident because of it too :)
Got home to housemate's entire family there, hubs parents there, and my shower lasted all of 2 minutes before the hot water went off... So I had to hide in our room for an hour, already shampoo'd up, and wait for the tank to reheat... No way was I socialising in a towel, plus I STANK!
So that cut out half the day, unfortunately, and we didn't really get to do much to celebrate. I did make a roast dinner though, which was yummy, and then we went with housemate and a friend we've not seen in ages for a walk round the local forest/lake (I'll have to take some pictures soon, it's beautiful) and then stopped for a drink in a lovely little food pub up there... Felt so lovely and civilised sitting in a pub drinking blackcurrant and ginseng tea, I may demand to go up there more often! But was literally falling asleep sat up by 9.30 so had to call it an early night, must have been due to the exercise, I suppose...
B: Protein Podge (now always a half scoop podge, 40g oats, 225ml sk.milk, 10g honey, 5g flax) with 100g summer fruits and 50g greek yoghurt - 410 cals
S: Glorious post run shake: scoop protein, 100g greek yoghurt, 250ml sk.milk, 118g summer fruits, all whizzed up. So cold and lovely! - 321 cals
L: Food doctor bran and seed bagel with 40g houmous - 366 cals
D: 6 month anniversary roast dinner: Quorn lemon escalope, (frylight) rosemary roast potatoes (222g), parsnips (140g), carrots (190g), with broccoli (100g), peas (50g) and veg gravy (10g granules) - 717 cals inc. frylight
S: Han's oat bar - 182 cals
Exercise: 10.16km run in 62:52! - 700 cals!
(and 2 mile walk in evening - 99 cals)
Cals: 1996/1762 cals (1996/2561 inc ex.cals)
So all in all a pretty good weekend...
Not sure what this week is going to bring though, thats a whole other post! Highlights to include a free spinning class, utter lack of money, 'what to do with leftover chilli for dinner tonight', and other quandries... x
No comments:
Post a Comment