Well, apologies for the absence blogland, I've been busy over the Easter weekend and I've had alot of thinking to do.
Most of it comes down to money forcing my hand. I have hit the point where my income just doesn't stretch far enough anymore so I need to start streamlining my finances and/or get a second job. Now, if I get a second job, my opportunities to exercise will become less frequent as I'll be doing 50+ hours a week. Not impossible, but still not as simple as now. And I really want to train for a half marathon in September (bad Kat, I've still not actually signed up for Bristol, bet it's full by now!) So initially, I'm looking at places I can save money instead.
The first choice to make, is the GYM vs. WLR
Frankly, I don't want to give either up, but something has to give. Neither costs me an extortionate amount, £22pm for the gym and £10pm for WLR (there or thereabouts) but obviously, it adds up over time.
At the minute, I'm thinking WLR has to go. But the pyschological impact of not being able to count my calories every day is unnerving me. I know I've been at goal for about 9 months now, but counting calories has been part of my daily ritual for over 2 years... I just don't know if I'm capable of maintaining my loss without having the figures sat there in front of me!
The idea of quitting counting, and gaining again, terrifies me.And getting my nutrition right for my exercise without having facts and figures there? I've never done that before, I have no idea if I can do it or not.
But the gym? I can't quit the gym right now. I have no access to weight training at home (well, I have a set of dumbells, but thats it, no bench, or space for one, or other equipment) and it's so much cheaper than the private gyms (it's a council one)... I could pay per session but if I go twice a week (which I should be) then I'd be worse off than paying by direct debit!
So, I don't know what to do, really. What would you do, if you were me?
In other news, today 'should' be weigh in day. But there's no weight being recorded. I'm having a month off the scales to learn to trust myself... As an obsessive daily weigher, it needs to be done. WLR cals reckon I'd have lost a quarter pound this week, which would be fine...
If I had a choice, it would definately be to keep the gym over WLR. If you need a stop gap, you could always switch over to a free site for calorie counting in the meantime.
ReplyDeleteRemember that if you do struggle without counting calories, there is nothing to stop you signing back up to WLR to help you gain control back, but I think so long as you don't stop weighing your troublesome foods (cereals and the like) than you can totally do it.
If it were me, I'd ditch the gym and use my first month's saving to buy a weight bench. We got a bench for about £30 from Argos and it's perfect for working out at home.
ReplyDeleteI think as you have just started paying more attention to nutrition rather than just calories, WLR would be more valuable to you right now.
I know there are free calorie counters out there but they really do not measure up to the extremely high standard WLR has set.
Good luck chick, hope you will still be blogging?
xx