Sunday, 11 April 2010

A definite case of runner's high...

Well, I decided today was the day to try out lots of new things... New socks with INDIVIDUAL TOES (ooh-er!), new capri pants, warmer weather training, running after breakfast instead of after breakfast and lunch... And to do the full 10k and see what happened. Could be considered foolish to have that many 'if's but's and maybe's' in one session but meh, you live and learn.

And something must have worked in my favour, as I scraped round at JUST UNDER 10 MIN MILE PACE!!!

Oh yes, 10.16k covered in 62:52... That's a 10k time of 61:49 (thankyou FETCH for the maths!) and works out as 9:58 min miles... And that included a minute walk at 5k as I had to turn round, cross a road, and avoid a car while I rearranged my, erm, knicker to capri pant ratio a bit :P

I tell you what, something has changed drastically in the last month. I don't know if it's the increase in protein in my diet, going up to maintenance cals, the NROL weights routine, or what, but all of a sudden I'm flying. I'm not going to get ahead of myself and say a sub:30 5k and sub:60 10k are going to happen at my races in MAy and June (after all, they're trail races and I'm road running, if nothing else...) but I think a sub:32 5k and sub:64 10k are definitely possible (and considering last years times were 35 for the 5 and 67 for the 10, I'd be over the moon with that!)

Now, if only I'd thought ahead and switched the hot water on before I went out. I'm sat here soggy, with shampoo on head, because the hot water ran out within 3 minutes *bbbrrrrrrrr*

Side note:
Fuelled up before run with podge: 40g oats, 250ml skimmed milk, 5g flax, 50g greek yoghurt, 100g summer fruits, half scoop protein, 10g honey
Fuelled up after run with shake: 250ml skimmed milk, 100g greek yoghurt, 118g summer fruits, full scoop protein.
I am NOT allowed any more of any of these things today, or I'll turn into them!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the run, I too had a mammoth run today! Our pre and post run meals were also very very similar! :D

    ReplyDelete