I made babies this weekend. They were awesome. I say 'were' as Hubs and I have already devoured them all, I ate 6 yesterday!
And no, we're not cannibals.
I am in fact talking about fudge babies, yummy wee balls of gooey sinless gorgeousness about the same size and calorie content as a thorntons chocolate or similar and none of the nasties...
For anyone who is unaware of the fudge baby revolution, have a look at the wonderful work of Chocolate Covered Katie and her fudge baby revolution!
Mine weren't quite right, as I used too many cashews for the dates so they were a bit crumbly and not sticky enough. But dam they were tasty :D
I made mine with:
150g dried dates
150g cashews (this will be 100g next time)
Whizz these up in a food processor (I tried to use my hand blender and it nearly set on fire so had to mix it by hand!)
Then added...
20g dessicated coconut
20g 90% cocoa dark chocolate, finely chopped (as raw as I could get my hands on)
They were delicious, and with being 99% all natural and no added sugar (there's no sugar in that particular chocolate either) they were Hubs-friendly too, which is lucky as he thinks they're amazing!
If you like Nakd bars, you'll love these... I think my next batch will be brownie babies, with brazils, dates, cocoa powder and raw chocolate...
om-nom-nom, they sound lush! I feel a trip to the shops coming on.
ReplyDeletep.s. I didn't mean that to sound so rhyme-y
ReplyDeleteOhh I've been dying to try these. Might give them a whirl on the weekend. Do you know if you can freeze them? As I think these might be quite dangerous for me.
ReplyDeleteNic, rhyme away! They were all things I had in the cupboard anyway, which is pretty dangerous for me...
ReplyDeleteHan, no idea on the freezing, but I agree, they are dangerous! At least it was 500 cals of healthy ingredients I munched through yesterday rather than any old rubbish...
On the chocolate front, try getting your mits on some http://www.venezuelanblack.com/ its amaaaaazing. Check if you have any stockists nearby. As its in block form, the temptation to knaw on it is greatly reduced :) I recently bought the Rio Caribe Superior and its really tasty.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds awesome, thanks Nic :)
ReplyDelete