Thursday, 25 March 2010

I *heart* Pad Thai...

Oh yeah, new favourite meal discovered tonight thanks to some internet trawling for something new to do with the stash of tofu in the fridge (it was bogof in Morrisons last month so we bought the whole shelf!) and this really hit the spot...

Pad Thai (serves 2)
Ingredients

* 1 Med/160g Peppers, Capsicum, Red, Raw
* 1 Carrot/75g Carrots, Whole, Raw, Peeled
* 2 Meds/30g Onions, Spring Or Scallion, Raw
* 25g Cashew Nuts, Plain
* 1 Egg/56g Eggs, Free Range, Large
* 1 Pack/250g Tofu, Original, Organic, Cauldron Foods (chicken or prawns would work for the non veggies)
(Press tofu for at least half hour to remove moisture)
* 2 Noodles, Whole Wheat, Dry, Blue Dragon (I have 2/3s of a noodle cake, hubs has the other 1 and 1/3, I put 1/3 to one side for him before stirfrying the rest, I'm weird...)
* 1 Tbsp/15ml Sauce, Soy, Reduced Salt, Amoy (could use fish sauce if you're not veggie)
* 1 Tsp/1.8g Pepper, Cayenne, Ground
* 1 Tsp/4g Sugar, Fructose, Fruit Sugar, Tate & Lyle (could use normal sugar but increase to 2tsp)
* Juice of ½ Lime/25ml Juice, Lime, Fresh, Average
* 1 Tsp/5ml Oil, Sesame, Average

Method

Make sauce from lime juice, sugar, cayenne and soy sauce, mix well and set aside.

Prepare noodles by soaking in boiling water as packet instructions, then rinse under cold water and set aside.

Heat wok with oil and stirfry tofu until turning golden.

Add noodles, shredded carrot, spring onion and pepper and stirfry until heated through.

Add egg and heat until scrambled.

Add sauce and nuts and stirfry for further two minutes/until whole mixture cooked through.

Just had this for dinner and was AMAZING. Forgot cashews though! Would work equally well with peanuts. Could use frylite but sesame oil tastes much better in this, adds to the flavour. Would also be good with more veg, beansprouts for sure...

Nutrition Data Per Serving
Calories (kcal) 458.4
Carbohydrate (g) 41.5
Protein (g) 27.6
Fat (g) 20.3
Fibre (g) 6.8
Alcohol (g) 0.0
Fruit & Veg 1.7

Looking forward to having it again already :)

Today was hard work again. Don't really know whats up with me and food at the minute, I can't quite get the balance right. Could be alot worse, I could have given in to every craving (and god knows there's been enough of them!) and I didn't, but I still don't feel in control.

Must try harder. 

B: Podge (no protein powder) made with 40g oats, 100ml skimmed milk, 50g blackberries, topped with 10g honey, 10g chopped pecans, 5g flax, 50g blob set natural yoghurt
This was FITNESS IN A BOWL So yummy and dessert like, have I mentioned I <3 podge? Flax reduced to 5g as 10g was, erm, causing too many toilet trips... 385 cals
S: The last slice of lemon and blueberry cake! Swiftly followed by the apple cake!
I know I said I wasn't sure about it at first but I'm going to miss it... New cake was nice, but needs work... 272 cals
L: Lentil soup (again, tinned) and 2 ryvitas for dunky-dunking
Yep, I had time to make CAKE last night but forgot to make lunch? Moron! 231 cals
S: Cherry muller corner pre workout, half portion protein shake (water) post workout
Was bought because of being desperate for something sweet and was a better, higher protein option than a muffin... 187 cals... And half shake as all out of powder now until after payday 61 cals
D:My own take on pad thai, nom
Was delish, new favourite! Forgot half th ingredients though so my version today came out as 339 cals
S: 100g natural yogurt, 50g blackberries, 20g 90% cocoa dark chocolate
Gave in to the desire for something sweet, again opted for yogurt for protein, and low sugar as all no added sugar... 193 cals

Exercise: Weights workout B for the last time, new routine starts next week
Improvised at home again, 137 cals
3 minutes stairs
3*12 (7kg dumbells) straight legged deadlifts
3*12 (4kg dumbells) shoulder presses
3*12 (1*4kg, 2*3kg) lying pullovers in place of cable lat pulldowns
3*12 (7kg dumbells) lunges (thats 12 per leg per set)
3*12 (actually, 15, 12, 10) crunches

Cals: 1668/1623 (1668/1760 inc exercise)
Again, could have been alot worse. So happy with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment