Thursday, 31 December 2009

Looking back on 2009, Looking forward to 2010...

2009 Achievement:
Weight wise, 2009 was not as successful for me as 2008. I am 1 stone 2 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of the year (should be 1 stone 7 but christmas hates me) so thats okay I guess, just doesn't sound as impressive as the difference 2008 made (3 stone 4 pounds) though as I've been maintaining for 5 months this year then obviously I wasn't going to lose as much as I didn't have as much to lose? I don't know.
2010 Goal:
There's not much I can say here really, other than lose the 5 pounds I've gained and keep them off... Maybe 7 just to keep me under the 10 stone bracket. After that, I'd like to work on my body fat percentage. If my little handheld monitor is to be believed, my bodyfat is currently 29.3%. That may be in the womens guidelines, but it's still at the high end, I'd like to get it lower, get rid of the stomach bulge I still have left, and lean out a bit. I don't know what is possible/achievable in a year though, so I'm going to aim for a figure of 25% and see how close/far away I get. Better get back to the gym and start lifting some weights then... I'll be taking progress pics and measurments monthly to monitor this.

2009 Achievement:
I CAN run. I may not be very good at it, and I may be out of practice since the wedding, but this is fixable. I still did a 5k and a 10k race this year, and considering I'd never attempted to run before February I'm quite happy with that. Just wish I'd made more effort to keep it up really.
2010 Goal:
Will have done a half marathon by the end of 2010 though, I'm vowing to that now :) I don't have a time I'm going to aim for as I don't yet know what point in the year I'll do this. In an ideal world, I'll do two so I can compare progress, but not going to make promises that I may not be able to keep!
I will get my 5k time under 30 minutes (the race in May took me 35 mins), and my 10k time under 1 hour (the race in Sept took me 67 mins); I think they're realistic goals if I work hard.

2009 Achievement:
I'm fitter than I was at the beginning of the year. The time in the gym and on the pavements has done some good even if it hasn't made much difference to my weight. I noticed it twice this month, we were doing a ceilidh at a wedding and I was the only one who wasn't sweaty and out of breath byt the end of the evening, and last night I had to physically slow myself down walking uphill as the other 3 weren't keeping up, I used to be out of breath walking up that hill.
2010 Goal:
To keep up the good work! Not much more I can say I guess, as have kind of covered these already, but I want to develop some discipline in 2010 to really get myself fit and healthy and ready for whatever life throws at me (we're hoping to start our family at the end of next year so I want to be in the best physical shape I can be in before getting pregnant and losing my body for 9+ months!) I will be running 3 times a week, two short sessions and one long weekend run, and I will be doing two weights sessions a week, three if I have chance. I need to plan my life better to fit these in, but I will do it somehow.


2009 Achievement:
I'd like to say I eat better, drink less, have more water, have a healthier relationship with food, than I did previously, but again I think I did better at this in 2008 than 2009. I've rested on my laurels a bit too much this last 5 months and let things slip. But that IS fixable too, and will be sorted, one day at a time...
2010 Goal:
Stop eating stuff  'just because I can now I'm slim'. That's just a one way ticket back to 15 stone. Rediscover the 80/20 rule, and use it. Drink water whether I want it or not. Stop getting takeaway just because it's easy (even if I do pick the healthy options) and start using the myriad of healthy veggie cookbooks I have at home.

Happy New Year everyone, hope 2010 brings health, wealth, peace and happiness, and everything your heart desires. x

No comments:

Post a Comment