MGG: Have you guys tried working out with the kettlebells yet? They're awesome...
Me: No actually, was wary of doing a workout with them without being shown proper form and you're always busy so...
MGG: Well, I'm here now, I'll show you what to do with them. You're strong, aren't you... *hands me the heaviest kettlebell they've got, a 12kg one*... Now, copy me...
Me: *picks jaw up off floor at being called 'strong' and gets on with copying MGG...
I'm strong! Me! Seriously??! I guess maybe I am, hey? Spent the rest of my scheduled workout with a huge grin on my face and upping the weights on everything I could manage as it was such an ego boost.
I spend most of my time in the gym being very aware that everyone (all male, I should add) is lifting heavier than me, and watching bench pressing bicep curling guys smirking at the fact that MrH is working out with a girl, and doing a 'girly routine involving legs and stuff' (luckily MrH is blind as a bat without his glasses on so hasn't noticed), but today?
Today we've had it reaffirmed that we're doing the right thing, that our routine looks good (MGG was interested and had a look), and told to be selfish with the equipment, if we need a bench for step ups, just dam well step on it.
Rock on :D
Peace and love,
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Strongwoman x
Side note: MrH now wants a kettlebell to prance around in the garden with over summer. Yes, those were his exact words. I'm thinking about conning him into buying a couple, while he's still keen on the idea!
haha! love it! go you! CHECK.YOU.OUT!!! x
ReplyDeleteawesome!
ReplyDeleteFANTASTIC!! x x
ReplyDelete