As it looks like the Race For Life on Sunday will be a wet one!
Weather forecast
Joy of joys... Currently the forecast is switching between showers, heavy rain showers, and rain, depending on where you look.
Now, this could go either way.
On the one hand, it may make a lot of people choose not to take part, which while thats obviously bad news for the charity, would be fine by me as there'll be less people to weave around!
But on the other hand, forest + puddles = broken ankle for a friend of mine last year, and I don't fancy ending up the same way...
Will just see what happens on the day, of course, but it could certainly make for an interesting run, last years race was fair and dry, so could be totally different really!
While we're on the subject, I spent yesterday convinced I was ill.
And that I was doomed to failure this weekend. And that I was incapable of running 5k as I've been concentrating on longer runs.
So hubs dragged me out for a 5k double loop round the estate behind us- when I say dragged, I mean literally, I spent the entire time praying he'd have a hypo so we could stop! Does that make me a bad wife?
Anyway, somehow the running gods decided to smile down on me and provide me with a new personal best! 5k done in 29:17, which is not only a sub:30 run, is not only a 9:25 min mile pace, but is also getting into the realms of 'is that really my time?' running as I never thought I'd make it under 30mins, and realistically I'm now not that far off under 29mins either!
Obviously, I'm not expecting to get anywhere like that time on Sunday.
Running on the pavements by my house (even if we did include a hill) isn't going to be comparable to running on muddy shingly root covered tracks...
But it does leave me with that little 'squidge' of hope that maybe, just maybe, I'll be capable of knocking 10% off last years time by making it round in 31:20...
That truly would be a run to be proud of.
Now one last decision to make... What do I wear on Sunday, tights, or capris, long sleeve, or vest, windproof jacket or not?
Kat take the pressure off yourself and don't concentrate on your time. Maybe give hubs your watch (or if that's too big a step celetape something over it so you don't keep looking at your time), and concentrate on something else. Like the lovely scenary and the wonderful weather - ha ha!
ReplyDeleteWhat to wear... hmm... I'd prob roll with long sleeve and capris.
Good luck chick - you will be FAB! x
Hey hey - great time! well done!
ReplyDeletegood advices from LME - but i bet you dont take it haha!
as for what to wear - wear whatever you would normally wear for a 5K in what ever the weather is like when you wake up! simples! xx