Wednesday, 19 May 2010

My tea has a message for you....

Cuteness, yes? I <3 my cinnamon tea and it's little messages...

On a serious note though, are you proud of who you are?
What are you proudest of? 
Please share, if you don't mind, it'd be lovely to hear from people :)

I'm proud of who I am because... I've lost and kept off nearly 70lbs, learnt to love vegetables so much that I'm now a vegetarian, can run 7.5 miles and a bit more to get home, can squat 20kg and ready to do more, and have a good enough knowledge of nutrition to be able to help my nearest and dearest become healthier too. And I've done all that under my own steam, not alot of people can say that.
(I have of course, had the support of some rather wonderful people along the way and now I'm proud to be able to call them friends, even though I've never met most of them! Love you guys!)

*****

In other news, the blog has been a little quiet the last couple of days as I've been feeling a bit off colour. Nothing serious, but exhausted enough yesterday to sleep solidly from 6.30pm - 8am this morning! Unheard of, for me. 
I'm wondering if I'm a little deficient in something at the minute as the burns on my hand from last month are still not healed as well (my own fault, ahould pay more attention when I'm taking things out of a hot oven!) and I'm bruising easily again. First thought was iron/b vits but as I already supplement these, maybe I need a higher dosage.

Made it to the gym tonight anyway, somehow (and feel okay for it), and opted for a circuits session for a bit of variety. I know this will be my one and only weights based workout this week so fancied a change as I start Stage 3 of New Rule of Lifting next week, quite excited at the thought! Was good to do something different, and hubs enjoyed it too. 
Did a 5 min warm up on the crosstrainer to get my heart rate up, one loop of the weight stations (10 reps per station) without rests between stations (other than to write down my weights), a 5 min row to kick heartrate up again, another loop increasing the weight at each station from the first loop, and a 5 min run to finish, working up from 5mph to 8mph for the last minute. Felt good! The weight stations feel a little unnatural as I'm used to working with free weights now and these were all resistance cable/band based, but can see us repeating this every now and then for some variety.

Food has become a bit sporadic, I'm out of protein powder again (other than the nasty carb loaded spirulina stuff) until payday so my macros are going to struggle. Trying to rely on food as much as possible but it's going to mean alot of omelettes over the next 10 days I fear! 
Tonights protein was in the form of chickpeas, a yummy chickpea, spinach, cauli and courgette curry, with a teeny portion of whole brown rice, a couple of teeny onion bhajis (you can blame hubs for these!) and half a dood doctor seeded pitta in place of naan. A huge plate of food for 522 cals!
So, will try and log my food on here for the next few days in an attempt to keep me on track in my protein search... And finding fruit and veg from somewhere without if costing me anything...Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment