*Apologies if you now have this hideous track of yesteryear in your head... But I have to share the pain with someone!*
So yeah. Noticable absence over the weekend wasn't there? Assumed I stayed on plan like an angel and simply didn't have time to blog did we?
Oh blogland, how wrong you would be, if that was your conclusion... Because of course, yet again, I messed up a bit. Friday I was so busy after work with cleaning and tidying our house that I quite seriously didn't have time to shred, Saturday I chose to prioritise shopping and eating badly instead, and by Sunday I frankly just couldn't be arsed to do it and spent the afternoon eating 4-yr-old goddaughters first attempt at baking (very non-vegan chocolate cake, I should add)...
So, yes, a weekend of no shredding plus gorging on chipshops, noodle bars, cookies (vegan) and chocolate cake (non-vegan) instead of actual meals, does not a happy toned shredder make. Or something like that.
I had a good old whinge about my stupidity on the forum I frequent, and as usual the girls told me to get a grip in their loving supportive way. It was what I needed to hear, and it led to me behaving myself in a much better way yesterday as a result. I even shredded!
And the rest of the cookies have been thrown in the freezer to try and curb my 3-a-day addiction (seriously, when I make vegan baked goods, the recipes are always yielding enormous amounts, so I only use half the ingredients. I'm now considering makign that a quarter instead, to save my waistline!)
Reflection Time...
I hope she doesn't mind, but one comment from the forum in particular really struck a chord with me. And thats because I don't know who she is. The other girls, the ones I speak to daily, whilst I believe their wisdom and trust them implicitly, there's always that element of 'well they're just saying that because that's what friends do' in the back of my mind, so to hear from someone new feels like maybe I do know what I'm doing afterall, and maybe I can be the version of me that I want to be, if people I don't even know believe me to be capable of it.
I quote:
I just randomly found this post on the home page and had a look at you Fat Kat to Pretty Kitty blog... WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!! I have gone from abso-frickin-lutely terrified to start my "diet" thinking I too had to go to the crazy competitive-with-myself style of nothingness... but now I am calm and dare I say slightly excited about my wedding dress and people looking at me all day! I love your tips on your website - I am getting excited now!!
Please don't worry about having the odd chips/cookie/cake moment - just think how far you have come and these to the moments you would have had (and I have been having) five stone ago (my current weight). So what you had a few naughty bits. You have lost 5 stone!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for inspiring me :o) x
If I can encourage someone else to start their journey simply by having my weight loss journey documented online, then I should really make more effort to keep blogging. Who knows, maybe my maintenance blog will encourage someone one day in the same way my weight loss blog has for that lady...
24 Day Shred Day 8: Mon 20th
Level 1 Session 8: Completed, 230 cals on my hrm, the most yet! Okay, I know I skipped 5, 6, and 7... But I'm bored of level 1 now, as I'd done it sporadically previously too, so I'm cutting my losses and just barging on with my original programme. Which means my next session will be the first of level 2. Eeek!
Food Diary:
Breakfast: Porridge, made with oats, brown rice protein, blackberries, coconut milk, flax, cinnamon, and soya yoghurt
Snack: Vegan pecan maple walnut cookie (yes, these are the ones that are now in the freezer)
Lunch: Beanistrone soup (so called because there's too many beans for it to be minestrone!)
Snack: Another cookie...
Dinner: Baked tofu glazed in a combo of soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and thair red curry paste, with a baked sweet potato, half a corn cob, and a simple salad of mixed leaves, spinach, red pepper and balsamic
Snack: Another half a cookie!

I've only just caught up with the Shrediness of your blog, I'm hoping to start the Shred myself in the next month, so I'll been keen to hear how you get on with it.
ReplyDelete