I stumbled into Next recently and as usual was immediately starstruck by their christmas department. I LOVE christmas, and I love Next's take on christmas, so many excuses for shiny sparkly wonderfulness that I don't usually get to indulge in (booo to living with a boy!) but I get to go as wild as I like in December.And I fell head over heels with the decorations in this teal and lime colour scheme... Isn't it cute? The whole range is just fun bright colourful wonderfulness, and I love it. It's not too much of a departure from our usual colour scheme either, so I think I can convince the husband that it would be financially beneficial to indulge my little multicoloured fantasy and buy some new decorations...
Our current colour scheme for our decorations is green and gold, as we have a chocolate and lime living room (I should really take some pictures to show you what I mean, it's the classic white walls of every rental property everywhere with dark wooden furniture, a white bookcase, and cream sofas with chocolate and lime throws over with lots of green cushions...)But these gorgeous little things at Next have got me thinking that I REALLY want to brighten up that room and maybe adopt the lime and teal colour scheme throughout the room!
Oh how I wish it would magically transform into a space like this one, but our cramped little lounge won't look quite this stylish...However, I can damn well try and get it to!
It would be pretty simple, just a case of getting rid of the chocolate throws, and finding some teal accessories to blend in with the current lime ones, and bobs your decorating uncle...
Maybe a couple of these cushions from Next (Again? What's with the teal fascination Next, hmm?) to tie the two colours together and I'll be well on my way...
So I've been trawling the interwebs instead of working, looking for inspiration. Anything goes apparently with lime and teal, and some rooms I've seen this morning would need sunglasses to sit in them! Hopefully I'll manage a more tasteful version than those, they seriously looke like they should be the set for a new Austin Powers movie....
I'm not going to post them, as you can guarantee that someone somewhere will have that 'hey, thats my room!' moment and I don't actually want to offend anyone...
Each to their own with home decoration I say, if you're happy with it then that's all that really matters!What do you think though, now I've said that? Is it all a little too bright and breezy, should I stick to my more subdued 'adult' colour scheme that we currently have or should I embrace the fact that we're still young and have some fun with colour?
Since we rent and we can't even hang anything on our walls, never mind paint them, I'm really only talking new cushions and accessories here so I guess it won't even be that costly if I decide I hate it...
I've even found inspiration in the form of cake, clearly this was meant to be? After all, how can I possibly disagree with cakey goodness! How about you, how do you decide on colour schemes for your home?
Do you like to change things up alot or do you stick with neautrals?
Do you colour scheme your christmas decorations to your room or do you have a more eclectic approach?
I'd love to know what other people do!

I love the teal/lime combo, its really fresh! Works really well against white with dark furniture as in the pics too. Hope you can find a way of incorporating a few bits :)
ReplyDeleteWe're not overly adventurous at home, mainly down to not being able to afford it. This year we've slowly been changing things though and its really paid off.
Bedroom - White, Silver Grey, accent colour = purple (this can be changed when we get bored) furniture is black/brown.
Spare room (soon to be nursery) - red/blue & robot themed :)
Kitchen - I don't like this room and am desperate to change it but the accessories are all pink.
Love the colour combo, my whole house is creams and browns and in my bedroom i have just bought... yep you guessed, teal and lime and cchoclate stuff.
ReplyDeleteOur house is so boring but it was dictated by the carpet that was brand new when we arrived and is in the entire house, so the whole house is co-ordinated. I loved it at first but now i just want to spalsh the whole palce with flock wall paper and bright colours!
Do it honey, you'll love it!