Friday, 17 September 2010

24 Day Shred: Day 4: Thur 16th, Cake woes, and an Autumn outfit search...

I'm really loving the folksy grungy look that's hit the highstreet recently here, it's like I've gone back a decade to my hippyish ways as a teenager and I'm feeling very comfortable for once at the prospect of looking 'fashionable' when I usually just look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

I seem to spend my summers wishing I lived in the fifties, and my winters wishing I lived in the seventies. Vintage/retro has always appealed to me far more than current trends, ao it always leaves me feeling that little bit more content when fashion takes a look backwards, that I won't embarass myself in a years time by admitting I wore this or that... And winter is no time really for 50's sundresses, so 70's prints it shall be... The whole floral dresses, lacy tops, thick tights, chunky knits, big worker boots, combination is one  I'm comfortable in. (Maybe minus the fake fur eh, veggies?)

BUT, I don't own any floral dresses, lacy tops, or chunky knits, only have one pair of tights, and don't own any boots. I'm such a jeans and tshirt slave! So, anyone fancy finding me an outfit for as little as humanly possible? I'm talking £80 limit for laceup boots (not heeled, though I love them, I'm tall enough!) + floral/lace/something dress + leggings/tights + a cardi (gotta get my moneys worth!)

In possibly more blog related news, yesterday I strayed yet again into the land of cake.

I knew I didn't need it, I knew it's more than likely got dairy in it,  so it'll upset my stomach (I've become quite sensitive to it now that it's not in my daily diet), it's rammed with sugar so the afternoon slump is inevitable (it was with my lunch), and I'm overfull from it so I feel too lethargic to work out when I get home (I really had to fight myself to get on with shredding last night)...

So I'm going on a cake ban.

You hear that world? I will NOT do this to myself anymore, the only way I'll be eating it is if I've baked it, and I'm limiting my baking splurges too, to once a week max, and half quantities as most of my vegan recipes are american and seem to be designed to feed the five thousand...

I think that'll be even harder to keep to than the daily shredding, to be honest!


Day 4 of 24: Thu 16th

Level 1 Session 4: Completed, this time with 214 cals burnt. Whoop! Must have pushed harder than usual last night even though I really didn't want to do it...

Food:
Breakfast: Porridge made from oats, coconut milk, 10g ground almond, blueberries, cinnamon, 20g natural sweetener, and 20g rice protein (seriously, this stuff ruins perfectly yummy breakfasts...)
Snack: 25g mixed dried fruit and nuts
Lunch: Wholemeal sandwich of leftover roasted veggies, sundried tomato houmous, and spinach
Snack: Chocolate crunch cake from the sandwich shop next door
Dinner: Spaghetti bolognaise made from wholemeal spaghetti, Linda Mcartney soya mince, mushrooms, red onions, tomatoes, sundried tomato paste, garlic, chilli, and parsley. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on the AW10 hunt. I got two floral floaty dresses today that are some unknown brand for £20 each, I got them in a department store near where I work.

    In terms of splitting your budget, I reckon you could get a dress for about £20, a cardi for about £15, tights/leggings for a fiver leaving you £40 for boots. I just googled 'flat lace up boots for £40' and got some good results.

    Try ASOS, New Look, Dotty P's, Primark, even the supermarkets have some great stuff in for Autumn/Winter.

    ReplyDelete