Friday, 20 August 2010

So much for that plan...

Unfortunately, my plan for the next two weeks to get me to the half marathon has fallen at the wayside already. My grandad passed away on Wednesday, so I didn't run last night, I just couldn't get into the idea of it, and it didn't stop raining all night. The idea of running in my state of mind, in the rain, just didn't seem like a healthy thing to do.

A couple of people (thankyou!) also questioned the frequency and intensity of my 'one day on, one day off' plan due to my recent health and whether it would be a good idea. Looking at it, I now agree with them. So instead, we're going to go for 'one day on, two days off' and just hope for the best that I can complete the mileage I set out to do, and concentrate on the fact that this is my first half so it's going to be a personal best regardless of the time. If I don't manage 2:30 I'll be well and truly gutted, as I think I was running at about 2:15 before the time off, but what will be, will be.

Time to concentrate instead on the achievement of doing something I never thought I was physically capable of, and the fact that I get to meet some good forum friends in the flesh and devour cake with them!

So, dependent on the funeral arrangements (I don't know the date yet so this may have to change) I'm going to aim for this set-up instead and just hope for the best...

Tues 17th: 3 miles - done: 3.1m, 30:05
Fri 20th: 6-8 miles
Mon 23rd: 3 miles
Thurs 26th: 10-12 miles
Sun 29th: 3 miles
Wed 1st: 3 miles
Sun 5th: Bristol Half

Whether I have the physical/mental energy for it today remains to be seen, I've not slept too well the last two nights and my food has been pretty dire, I'm feeling sick and bloated and heavy from all the excess carbs from my comfort baking... But hopefully, a run will help with that.

I've not forgotten about the blogger award post, I've just not had opportunity to do it yet. Hopefully tonight after my run, brownie's honour!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandad *hugs*. I hope you enjoy your run tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it before but i'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad, Sweetie, wish i lived closer, i'd be dishing out the cuddles. Chin up honey - you're going to fly through Bristol - i know it. Look at all you've achieved in the last year or two!!

    ReplyDelete