Tuesday, 2 February 2010

No backing out now, I'm all signed up for two races!

Race For Life, here we come! Tatton Park 10k more specifically... with 2 of my (non-running) sisters!
I  have done the autumn version of this race, the Cancer Research Run10k, last September so I have a slight advantage here... My goal for this race is to try and break last years time of 1:07:02 and get round under the hour...
As yet, Kerry and Alison are setting their goal as 'just to get round'! But I'm sure if they train as hard as they say they will they'll be updating you on that.
(If you'd like to sponsor us, individually or as a group, that can all be done by going to www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/thebrettsisters and if you're a taxpayer, please remember to tick the box for gift aid, thankyou!)

I am also going to be running the Delamere Race For Life 5k on Sunday 16th May, again I want to beat last years time of 35:41, really I'd like to get round in less than 30 minutes...
(If you'd like to sponsor me for this (by no means am I expecting anyone to sponsor me for both!) that can be done by going to www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/kathoughton and again, if you're a taxpayer please gift aid your donation, thankyou!)
My aunts Karen and Lynn and wee cousin Lucy are also doing this race too! Karen and Lucy have done it several times but it's Lynn's first, so I want to get round in time to cheer them over the finish line (assuming they don't beat me to it, there's some serious training going on in Winsford!)

No comments:

Post a Comment